Food and general nerdiness.



Steak with Bourbon Shallot Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This was an great sauce on a mediocre steak. I used Maker's Mark bourbon for the sauce but I was drinking Jameson's 12-year-old Irish whiskey while I was cooking. The sauce was terrific but I just realized I didn't salt it enough. I think the Jameson's may have something to do with why I didn't think to salt the sauce.

For a side dish, I made a marinade of olive oil, basil, and chopped preserved lemons. I chunked a couple portabellos, a yellow pepper and three small tomatoes and added them to the marinade. I grilled the vegetables when I grilled the steak. I didn't expect the lemon flavor to survive the grilling but the preserved lemon peel cooked up wonderfully. The preserved lemons go with tomatoes, peppers, and mushrooms like you can't believe. Sublime.


0 Responses to “Steak with Bourbon Shallot Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3