Food and general nerdiness.



Red Vegetarian Chili


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is my first vegetarian adaptation from a recipe I made before Alex went veg. I'm not sure why I had "Crumbles" in my freezer. They've been there a while. They look and sound like an abomination against all that's good and tasty. When I defrosted them I came very close to pitching them. They reminded me of the mid-seventies elementary school hamburgers that never quite seemed cow-like. But, what the hell. I didn't care for the texture of the chili without them. So, I added the crumbles. They actually weren't bad. After simmering for 30 minutes I don't think they had any flavor whatsoever but the texture was okay. Alex loved this. It actually wasn't bad at all. I suppose having the added protein was worth it. But next time, instead of using crumbles, I think it would have been just as good to serve it over rice.


0 Responses to “Red Vegetarian Chili”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3