Food and general nerdiness.



Preserved Lemon and Tomato Salad


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I made preserved lemons last Wednesday. I made them for two reasons. I thought this recipe looked good and I had lemons that were going to mold. Preserved lemons are basically lemons packed in salt. I had no idea what to expect but they were delicious - not nearly as salty as I'd imagined. What was unusual was that I sliced the rind off removing the pith and finely chopped the rind into the salad. It was soft and flexible and had a nice tart taste. I threw the pith away and returned the pulp back into the brine.
The salad was delicious. I'll make this often. I think I'll use a milder vinegar next time, probably rice vinegar. I'm going to have to do some research to know what else I can do with the lemons. I still have three and a half jars.


0 Responses to “Preserved Lemon and Tomato Salad”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3