Food and general nerdiness.



Fox Point Hash Browns, Hamburgers with Broiled Mozzarella, and Sliced Tomatoes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've needed a night to myself. Tonight was the night. My plan was to get off work, drive straight home, put on some music, make a martini, drink aforementioned martini, read the paper, and make dinner. I had no plans for dinner other than I would make something from what I had on hand - no grocery store visit. In my freezer, I knew I had a nice New York strip, eight beautiful lamb chops, a sushi grade piece of tuna, four nice big dry scallops, and a pound of ground lamb. Surely, I can make something good from that, right? I mentioned my non-plan to Steve and he insisted that I listen to Gogol Bordello - a band described by allmusic.com as "Combining elements of punk, gypsy music, and Brechtian cabaret, Gogol Bordello tells the story of New York's immigrant diaspora through debauchery, humor, and surreal costumes." (I agree. What the hell is "Brechtian?") Steve promised me, I'd "be dancing." Riiight.

So, there I was, bouncing involuntarily to Gogol Bordello, drinking my martini, and looking in the freezer to decide what was for dinner. I ran across two vacuum packed hamburgers. I don't know how to describe what happened next. I made a conscious effort NOT to plan dinner. I tossed the hamburgers in the microwave to defrost and I went upstairs and climbed in bed. Non sequitur? No. I've decided to practice getting up in the morning. I'm terrible at it. I ran across a blog where a guy trained himself to get up quickly in the morning. Check it out. It's bizarre but I'm going to try it. So after being in bed for 22 minutes, (Steve called to make sure I hadn't dozed off and we talked for twelve minutes so I had to reset the alarm and start over.) I got up, brushed and flossed my teeth and went downstairs to have a second martini. Back to dinner - the burgers were defrosted so I fired up the grill. I made hash browns with Fox Point Seasoning and sliced some tomatoes. When the burgers were done, I tossed them under the broiler with some mozzarella cheese. I built the plate with the Fox Point Hash Browns, Hamburgers with Broiled Mozzarella, and Sliced Tomatoes. I sprinkled a little more Fox Point on the tomatoes.

This is what happens when you don't plan. Pretty weird, huh? It was good.


0 Responses to “Fox Point Hash Browns, Hamburgers with Broiled Mozzarella, and Sliced Tomatoes”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3