Food and general nerdiness.



Ribeye with Foie Gras and Mushroom Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Cows are delicious.

This was nuts. I suppose this is like eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's straight from the carton. I originally planned on cooking this Australian Free-Range Ribeye steak I had in the freezer for Alex and me last night. I was too grumpy to make anything difficult so we had hot dogs. I figured I'd eat half the steak alone tonight with a little foie gras I had left over in the fridge (if it hadn't spoiled). I got stuck at work until 8:30 and considered picking up Wendy's on the way home. Screw that, I'm eating the steak. So, I got home at 9:00 and made this wine mushroom reduction sauce from a recipe I made in December, sliced the foie gras over the steak and ate it. I didn't even screw with a side dish - just a big steak with goose liver and a great sauce. I'm a bit giddy now this was so good. Every once in awhile it's a good idea to have a delicious meal by yourself. I listened to music, drank some wine, and literally savored every bite.


0 Responses to “Ribeye with Foie Gras and Mushroom Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3