Food and general nerdiness.



Cincinnati Chili


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Oh, this is good. Most people think that Cincinnati chili is just chili over spaghetti. But it's more than that. The cinnamon, cocoa, and cumin help make the difference. I got this recipe from The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American. I've had the book since 1988 and it's one of my favorites.

I actually went to the Skyline Chili in Stow today to pick up the hot sauce. It was hard going in there and not eating but I wasn't going to have it for lunch and dinner. Don't underestimate the hot sauce. It is hotter than tobasco but has a flavor more like habanero sauce. It's delicious.

I'm using the leftovers tomorrow to make full-size Skyliners.


0 Responses to “Cincinnati Chili”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3