Food and general nerdiness.



Sausage


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I made 9 pounds of sausage. This was fun. I made three pounds of three different types. I measured out all the spices and added them to their respective piles of ground pork.


I mixed each one using rubber gloves and let the spices blend overnight. (That's the meatloaf in the back.)


I used real "hog casings." They come packed in salt. They need to soak for an hour before they're ready to use


The first ring.


Twist to make individual sausages.


Vacuum pack and chuck in the freezer. I'm set for months.


I used the same pork for each sausage. Here are the recipes I used.

Hungarian Sausage
3 # Pork
10 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup Water
2 T Salt
1/2 T Black pepper
1/4 cup Hungarian paprika


Breakfast Sausage
3 # Pork
3 t Salt
1 t pepper
2 t sage
1/2 t ginger
1 t nutmeg
1 t thyme
1 t paprika
6 oz water

Chorizo
3 # Pork
1 cup onions, diced
12 cloves garlic, diced
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Tequila
1/4 cup ground red chile
2 t ground cinnamon
2 t ground cumin
2 t ground oregano
2 tablespoon salt


0 Responses to “Sausage”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3