Food and general nerdiness.



Grilled Chicken with Morel Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I had a blast this weekend. One of the things I did was visit the property that my friends Chris and Kathy just bought. It's about 22 acres in southeast Ohio and it's absolutely beautiful. While cutting down some weeds, Kathy found some morels. So, we scoured the area and found a few more. When Kathy said, "You want 'em?" I was practically speechless at her generosity.

(If these aren't morels, don't bother telling me. I'll have died already and this will be my final post.)

So, tonight, I made morel sauce. I feel a little guilty that I didn't cook them for Alex but I couldn't bring myself to cook them for a vegetarian meal. This was amazing. I practically swooned when I ate it. I used wheat bread to sop up the last of the sauce. I would have licked the plate if I didn't have the bread. If you're lucky enough to find some morels go ahead and make this. But be warned. It took me over an hour to reduce the sauce. It was worth it.

For a side dish, I sliced some nice tomatoes and drizzled them with basil in white truffle oil and toasted pine nuts. Awesome.


0 Responses to “Grilled Chicken with Morel Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3