Food and general nerdiness.



Whole Wheat Penne with Tomato Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





To make the penne, I used Nebraska grown organic bulgar wheat that I milled myself and mixed with water and egg whites and extruded with my bronze die pasta maker. For the sauce, I grew hydroponic tomatoes and garlic in my kitchen. I made the parmesan cheese last summer and it finally has aged enough for me to use my cheese knives to split the forty pound wheel I had in my cheese cellar.

Actually, it was Ragu on store brand boxed pasta. Meh. It looks good though, doesn't it? Nick really liked it.


0 Responses to “Whole Wheat Penne with Tomato Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3