Food and general nerdiness.



Maple-Roasted Turkey with Sage and Cornbread Stuffing


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



We had Christmas dinner at my house. So, I got to cook the turkey. This was a damn good turkey. I realized that I didn't offer any of the leftovers to anyone. I didn't mean to be greedy - it just happened. Using the maple syrup for the basting was amazing. It left pan dripping that made the best gravy I've ever had. The cornbread stuffing was better than I expected - no need for the Stovetop. I also made the red cabbage recipe I made a few weeks ago and plain ole' mashed potatoes. Both were good too.

I was able to take the two pictures below before anyone arrived. After people showed up, I was so busy I didn't get pictures of anything else. People brought tons of other stuff but I'm so stuffed and sleepy now I can't remember who brought what. I know my mom brought a pomegranate cranberry sauce that was great and I loved Judy's sweet potatoes.

While we opened gifts, (a long and drawn out operation in my family - the way it should be) I had a slide show of old photos running on the T.V. We ended up spending more time laughing at the photos than anything else. All things considered, it was a very pleasant Christmas.


0 Responses to “Maple-Roasted Turkey with Sage and Cornbread Stuffing”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3