Food and general nerdiness.



Homemade Sausage, Carrot Salad, & Leftover Orzo


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been wanting to make my own sausage. You know, stuff fresh ground pork into sausage casings. I used actual "hog casings" and made a test batch of three pounds trying three different spice mixtures. The end of one spice blend doesn't totally extrude through the grinder so I had a couple sausages that were half and half of two different kinds. I grilled these for dinner tonight. My mom came over and we were able to try all three kinds. I crumbled a little sharp cheddar cheese over them. They were fantastic. I'll post some recipes when I make a big batch in the next month.

The carrot salad was delicious. I used my new spiral cutter and the carrots were in long strands. The Japanese furikake seasoning is a rice seasoning with seaweed, sesame seeds and other stuff and it gave the carrots a nice sweet complex flavor. Good.

The orzo salad from Monday was even better tonight. This was a delicious meal


0 Responses to “Homemade Sausage, Carrot Salad, & Leftover Orzo”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3