Food and general nerdiness.



Corn Bread with Beans


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm hosting Christmas dinner. I'm planning a cornbread stuffing with my turkey. I love cornbread but I'm skeptical of cornbread stuffing. I've never had it and I'm having a hard time imagining it. The recipe I have calls for 6 cups cubed corn bread. I made this tonight to help me get my mind around corn bread stuffing. It was the most basic recipe I've found and it turned out well - even without the pooled butter of the school cafeteria corn bread of my childhood. I think I'll try the cornbread stuffing but I'll have Stovetop on hand just in case I'm not pleased with the way it turns out.

For dinner tonight, I just warmed a can of beans on the stove, glopped it on the corn bread, added a little mozzarella cheese, and some Tabasco. Delicious and simple.

If you make cornbread in cast iron, make sure you remove it from the pan when you take it from the oven. It will continue to brown in the rocket-hot iron pan.


0 Responses to “Corn Bread with Beans”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3