Food and general nerdiness.



Pasta with Kale Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I would not think of making this dish if not for the Mohoning Valley Restaurant in Youngstown. MVR is deservedly well-known for their Linguini with White Clam Sauce. However, I've strayed from that and had their Linguini with Greens. It's wonderful. I've asked my waitress several times what greens they use and she has dutifully asked the cook each time. Each time the answer has came back, "Just greens, you know?"

For this, I used kale and chard. It turned out deliciously. A little spinach would work too. I only had two small shallots and I would have liked to have more. The lemon flavor really cuts the bitterness of the greens. I served it on wheat pasta but MVR uses perfect semolina linguini. I love this dish.


0 Responses to “Pasta with Kale Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3