Food and general nerdiness.



Chocolate Chipotle Brownies


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've always been curious about chocolate with chili powder in it. Up until now, I wasn't brave enough to make it myself and I haven't found it at a store. I needed to bring something to Drew's (a Black Stocking teammate) pig roast. I ran across this recipe and knew I wanted to try it.

These were probably the best brownies I’ve ever made. Albeit, a bit unusual. When you first take a bite, the brownies are perfectly moist in the center with a slight crunch on the top and bottom. The cinnamon flavor comes subtly forward, overshadowing the chipotle flavor that you wouldn’t notice if you weren’t suspecting it. Then, as you swallow the brownie, the heat and flavor of the chipotle comes forward with a nice spicy heat. The spice is distinct but not too strong on both the tongue and in the throat. Okay, I recognize that’s a pretty nerdy explanation of a brownie. But, I want to encourage you to make these. They’re that good.

I took Michele to the Pig Roast with me and I only knew a few people there. I tried to tell Drew there was chili powder in the brownies but he was so busy I don’t think it registered. Michele, who's willing to try almost any weird food, tried one and liked it. Matt, another Black Stocking, who's not quite as adventurous, gave them a try and acted genuinely surprised that he liked them. I hope people weren’t too freaked out by them. We really didn’t stay around long enough to notice any adverse reaction.

I used Penzey’s Ground New Mexican Chipotle Pepper which I think is a perfect flavor to balance with the chocolate. If you order this, make sure you get some of their Vietnamese Cinnamon too. This is the best cinnamon I’ve ever had.


0 Responses to “Chocolate Chipotle Brownies”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3