Food and general nerdiness.



Peach Sorbet


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Tonight, my dad was craving a cheesburger from Louie's. So, my mom picked up some burgers and we had dinner with my dad in the hospital. I knew we'd all be stuffed from the huge burgers so I just made this light dessert. Tony, my dad's oldest friend, declined having any sorbet. My mom convinced him to have one spoonful. After he tasted it, he shouted, "PEACH!" It startled me. He wanted a full serving. He doesn't hear all that well and he assumed that it was just "plain ole' orange sherbet."

Even though I served it in foam cups with plastic spoons, it turned out perfectly. I added a quarter-teaspoon of freshly grated ginger to the recipe and it barely came through - very nice. The texture was ideal. I had transferred it to the hospital in a small cooler on ice and it softened just enough. Alex and Nick liked it so much we got more peaches on the way home from the hospital. We're going to make it again on Monday with some rasperries.


0 Responses to “Peach Sorbet”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3