Food and general nerdiness.



Kung Pao Chicken


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Alex has been a Chinese food nut lately. Any time I don't feel like cooking, he wants Chinese. He insists on using chop sticks too. He does terrifically well with them. A few years ago I was with Steve in San Francisco's Chinatown for dim sum. It was so crowded that the hostess asked us to sit at a large table with a Chinese family. Of course, we didn't mind but the grandmother of the family gave us the stink-eye through the first half of the meal. She finally lightened up and was laughing and saying something to us. Finally her daughter reluctantly translated, "My mother says you both use chopsticks quite well for white people." High praise indeed. Alex will do me proud in Chinatown.

This was good. I wasn't planning on the red pepper but I remembered I had some already chopped in the fridge. It was nice and spicy and Alex was joking about adding Tabasco to it.

George likes his chicken spicy.


0 Responses to “Kung Pao Chicken”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3