Food and general nerdiness.



Macadamia Crusted Tuna and Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After my weekend of licentiousness my system needed something a little lighter. This turned out great. I used the same ahi tuna that I normally use for sushi. I crushed the macadamias by putting them in a zip top bag and smacking them with the back of a wooden spoon. They browned nicely on the tuna and gave it a buttery richness. I added sesame seeds to the dressing and it was wonderfully sweet with a subtle wasabi flavor. The cucumbers and tomatoes were both locally grown and were juicy and flavorful. This was a terrific meal - I could have eaten 5 servings. Yesterday, I probably would have. This was just about as far from a garbage plate as a meal could be - just what I wanted.


0 Responses to “Macadamia Crusted Tuna and Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3