Food and general nerdiness.



Monte-Cristos and Warm Apple & Goat Cheese Salad


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is a great sandwich. Basically, it's a ham sandwich on French toast. I put some pepper in the egg wash so the French toast had a nice spiciness. For the mustard, I had some cranberry horseradish mustard. This sandwich is sweet and savory at the same time. I loved it.

Unfortunately, the picture doesn't show how nicely browned the goat cheese was. The cheese is slightly sour. The apple turned a little sweet under the broiler. The dressing had a strong vinegar and mustard flavor. The mâche was tender and wilted slightly from the heat of the apples and cheese. This was a really nicely balanced salad. Alex didn't like it.


0 Responses to “Monte-Cristos and Warm Apple & Goat Cheese Salad”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3