Food and general nerdiness.



Biscuits and Gravy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I love this. My Grandma Lee made this for Judy and me when we were growing up and I never have it without thinking of her. I think this recipe is very similar to hers. She may not have used any onion but I'm not sure. This dish is the main reason I wanted a big cast iron skillet. I've made this gravy in my All-Clad just to compare. It was pretty similar but seeing the gravy bubbling in the cast iron just makes me happy. The boys love when I make this. Nick doesn't eat the gravy but he likes honey on the biscuits.

Generally, the first impression is that gravy is horrible for you. This recipe basically makes three servings. If you break out the ingredients it's the equivalent of two small sausage patties, some onion, less than a tablespoon of flour, and less than a cup of milk per serving. Naturally, it's served on two biscuits. That's not so bad. Right? If it is, don't tell me.

Alex started eating Tabasco on his a couple years ago and he's totally converted me. Crushed black pepper and the Tabasco really is a nice addition.

I'm beginning to get a hint that I may fight my way to be a barely competent baker some day. This was my best biscuit effort to date. Nick usually prefers the canned biscuits but today he gave me the solid thumbs up on these. Such high praise.


0 Responses to “Biscuits and Gravy”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3