Food and general nerdiness.



Fusilli with Kalamata Tomato Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Wednesday, when I was getting to ready to cook dinner, Alex was just hanging around the kitchen looking uncomfortable. I asked him what was wrong and he said to me, "Dad, I want to be a vegetarian."
Crap. "Um, okay. Are you going to eat seafood? Some vegetarians will eat fish and shrimp," I asked hopefully.
"No, I don't want to eat anything that thinks."
Double crap.
"Okay, no problem buddy. I can handle that."
"You're not disappointed?"
"Nope, I'm good. No meat for you."
Unfortunately, I was planning on Tuna Paninis that night and had just bought a beautiful pork shoulder for the Carolina Barbeque for Friday. I made his panini without tuna that night (it was still really good) and brought him and Nick Taco Bell home for dinner while I ate the delicious pork sandwich by myself on Friday.

I've been incredibly lucky over the last two years as Alex has been willing to eat just about anything I wanted to make. This reminds me of when his mother told me she had decided to become a vegetarian. Déjà vu. I adjusted then. I'll adjust now. I only wish I had a girlfriend I could cook for. Dammit, I've got lamb chops in the freezer.

Tonight, was the first PLANNED vegetarian meal. In the words of Cousin Eddie, this was "Goo-ood." I'm serious - absolutely fantastic. Cooking for a vegetarian won't be all bad.


0 Responses to “Fusilli with Kalamata Tomato Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3