Food and general nerdiness.



Vegetable Korma, Dal Palak, Carrot Pickles, Kheer, and Mango Lassi


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Thursday morning, Steve was telling me about the dal he had made the night before. So, I started craving some Indian food. I planned this meal but decided it was a bit too elaborate for just Alex and me. (Naturally, Nick would have a bagel instead.) So, I invited Denise and Dawn over to share this one. It turned out pretty well. The carrots and cauliflower in the korma were nice. The dal was okay. I liked the pickles but I think they'll be better in a month. The kheer and lassi were both terrific. The kheer was nice and creamy with a fairly potent cardamom flavor with a hint of saffron. I'll probably cut the cardamom in half if I ever make this again. I started the yogurt for the lassi Friday night and it was nice and tart. It's sort of like a sweet and tart mango milkshake - really delicious. Even Nick liked it.


0 Responses to “Vegetable Korma, Dal Palak, Carrot Pickles, Kheer, and Mango Lassi”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3