Food and general nerdiness.



"Leftover" Turkey Sandwiches


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was invited to sail in the Mentor Harbor Yacht Club Indigo Race by John Blair. The Indigo Race begins right before sunset in Mentor and heads to just west of downtown Cleveland and then back to Mentor - about 45 miles. It takes all night and I was thrilled to be invited. Since it would be a wildly generous overstatement of my sailing abilities to call me a "novice," I wanted to contribute by bringing a little food (and beer) in case we got hungry. I brought my Chipotle Brownies that I've shown several times here. And, I made these turkey sandwiches. They were fine and John was very kind in his praise of them. They tasted good but the cold stuffing gave me heartburn.

Kenny and Andre at the gas dock.


Ricky. I assured him that he had a
nonchalant suaveness in this picture.
His response: "Oh, good."


Ricky got a little rest as we wait
for our start.


John Blair, Kenny, and Ricky right
after the start.


Sunset by the spinnaker.


The race was fantastically fun. It was a beautiful night and we had relatively steady wind for the first 38 miles of the race. We finished at 6:22 a.m. for a time of ten hours, forty seven minutes. I'm looking forward to sailing again. Thanks John.


0 Responses to “"Leftover" Turkey Sandwiches”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3