Food and general nerdiness.



Red Curry Flounder with Basil


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is almost exactly the recipe I made on July 13th. This time I used flounder instead of chicken, red onions instead of green, yellow bell pepper instead of red, and about twice the amount of fish sauce. Other than that - it was EXACTLY the same. The flounder turned soft and flaky - it was almost like a chowder. It turned out great.


I made this because, last night, I read a blog posting about fish sauce. You should read it - it's fun. Here's an excerpt:

Because here is the deal: fish sauce grows on you. It may not smell to conventional Western tastes, what one would call good, but after a while, it doesn't smell bad, either. And then, as you cook with it more and more, and your palate and nose begin to associate the smell of fish sauce with the delicious results of pad thai, green curry or tom kha gai, you begin to actually like the smell of it. It becomes comforting, homey and appetizing.

It's true. I love the disgusting smell of it.


0 Responses to “Red Curry Flounder with Basil”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3