Food and general nerdiness.



Prosciutto Pear Sushi, Papaya Shrimp Salad, Caponata Sandwiches, and Chili Truffles


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My mom gave me free passes for lawn admissions at Blossom. The three weeks remaining in the summer season had a wonderful Cleveland Orchestra performance but I couldn't go. Today was the last chance. Unfortunately, it was a performance by the Cinncinati Pops. There's nothing wrong with the Cinncinati Pops I guess. But seeing them instead of the Cleveland Orchestra is a bit of a let down. But, like I said, last chance. The title of the concert was "Cincinnati Pops Star Wars Spectacular." Ugh. Okay, Okay, I'm a snob. I admit it. But, I still went. Here's the thing. It was packed. I've never seen so many people at a Cleveland Orchestra performance. I've never seen gangs of roving 8-14 year olds in massive light sabre battles. I've also not seen stormtroopers.

It was not exactly what you'd call a typical highbrow orchestra crowd. But everyone seemed to be having a good time and the music was really well performed - it sounded just like the movies.

I took Michele and we had a really nice time. I brought the food and she brought the wine - a really nice Shiraz. The meal turned out really nice. The "sushi" was okay but it would not have been good without the vinegar reduction which had a syrupy vinegar sweetness. The papaya shrimp salad was really nice with a tart citrus dressing with huge freshwater shrimp. The caponata sandwiches were absolutely delicious and my favorite part of the meal. I'll definitely be making them again soon. The truffles turned out really nice too. I've become a big fan of chili powder in chocolate. These also had a slight mint flavor. I brought a little Madeira to go with the chocolate and it was a nice finish for a pleasant meal. If I would have worn my Hans Solo costume and Michele have worn her Princess Leia slave outfit we would have fit right in.


0 Responses to “Prosciutto Pear Sushi, Papaya Shrimp Salad, Caponata Sandwiches, and Chili Truffles”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3