Food and general nerdiness.



Saffron Risotto with Grilled Shrimp & Peach & Blueberry Cobbler


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I didn't intend this to be another "Get my mom drunk night." But, I did invite her for dinner. We split a bottle of wine that I brought back from Sonoma in April from Cline Cellars. The wine was a Viognier that was perfect with this rich risotto.

The risotto was very nice. To make shrimp stock I peeled the shrimp that I was going to grill and I roasted the shrimp shells dry in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. I simmered the roasted shells in 6 cups of water with a half teaspoon of Bay Seasoning for an hour.

I made the vinaigrette this afternoon so I wouldn't have to mess with it while cooking the risotto. It came out a wonderful green color that contrasted nicely with the saffron-yellow rice and the pink shrimp.

I also garnished the plate with a balsamic glaze and a little Parmesan cheese.

Alex assembled the cobbler this afternoon and I baked it. Unfortunately, I didn't bake it enough. It was very tasty with a nice hint of ginger infused into the peaches. But, part of the cobbler topping was still a bit doughy. I served this with a couple spoonfuls of freshly whipped cream with a little more ginger. I dusted the cream with cinnamon sugar. This, I'll definitely make again.


0 Responses to “Saffron Risotto with Grilled Shrimp & Peach & Blueberry Cobbler”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3