Food and general nerdiness.



Sushi


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





The other night, Alex told me that he wants more fish in his diet. I've been wanting sushi. Everyone's happy. (I sliced some strawberries up for Nick.)

I don't really have a recipe for sushi. Nori rolls are pretty basic (and delicious) stuff. I've made it so many times that I didn't want to look up a recipe just to post here.

Here's what I did: I made sushi rice in my rice cooker, stirred in rice vinegar and corn syrup, and cooled the rice quickly by fanning it. I got some really nice ahi tuna and some tobiko (flying fish roe).

For side dishes I marinated some tofu in sesame oil, and soy sauce and I garnished a plate of seaweed salad (goma wakame) with toasted sesame seeds.

This was really good. I bought crab and cucumber to make California rolls too. Alex and I were stuffed with the four rolls and the side dishes. It looks like we'll have crab salad some time this weekend.

This was the first time I've made sushi since I have a good rice cooker. It was without a doubt the best sushi rice I've ever made. I'm really starting to like the rice cooker.


0 Responses to “Sushi”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3