Food and general nerdiness.



Scones


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A few weeks ago Nick needed some "British food" for a project he was doing in school. I love Scotch Eggs but I couldn't imagine making 30 Scotch Eggs for a bunch of 11 year-olds. Especially, since Nick is a vegetarian. So, we made scones. These turned out great and were a big hit in his class. Yesterday, when I asked the guys what they wanted for breakfast, Nick asked for scones.

I served them with German Morello Cherries and slightly sweetened whipped cream. I also had blackberry jam that I bought from Lehman's. A small spoonful of cream right on the scone with a little bit of the blackberry jam was delicious. I used bread flour instead of all-purpose and I used raisins instead of currants.

When I was going to school in England a group of friends and I were visiting Anne Hathaway's Cottage. I was almost completely broke and I couldn't afford the admission. So, I went to a small nearby cafe for some tea. There, I met two very pleasant ladies, who after learning I was American, invited me to join them. They shared their scones with me. This was the first time I've ever had fresh cream on scones and I don't think I'd eat them any other way.


0 Responses to “Scones”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3