Food and general nerdiness.



Reuben and Mashed Potato Pancakes


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A man needs to know his limitations. I'm not good at frying potatoes. I can't explain it. When I put potatoes in hot oil I rarely get a desired outcome. I used to have a similar problem with fried eggs. I've overcome that and someday, I hope to be able to fry a potato with a modicum of proficiency. These were actually pretty tasty. The picture shows the two prettiest pancakes by a mile. I was worried I wouldn’t even get two for the picture. I intentionally made too many mashed potatoes on meatloaf night so I could make these. I served them with sour cream and chunky applesauce. Mmmm. Ugly potatoes.

The sandwich was excellent. The Russian dressing really was delicious. I don’t think I’ve ever had Russian dressing this good. I didn’t even use particularly good corned beef. The marble rye made Alex think I had burned the sandwiches. It was toasted perfectly with the contents warm and delicious.

So, I can’t do potatoes. I have other skills.


0 Responses to “Reuben and Mashed Potato Pancakes”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3