Food and general nerdiness.



Spanikopita, Cucumber Salad, & Pineapple Sorbet


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Alex is at band camp this week, so it's just Nick and me. When I asked what he wanted for dinner, Nick replied, "Hummus." I'm a little hummussed out. Nick had spanikopita at Judy and Bob's party Saturday night and really liked it, so I convinced him to have that instead. I invited my mom over too. The spanikopita was delicious. The cucumber salad was good. The Pineapple Habañero Sorbet was a definite disappointment. My mom and Nick both liked it. I suppose it was good. But, the habañero added no flavor - just heat. It was a gimmick. I would have been totally happy with the recipe if I would have left the habañero out altogether and made plain pineapple sorbet. Making it with ginger would have been fine too. Or mango. Or coconut. Habañero - no. Don't make this. (Make the spanikopita though, it was good.)


0 Responses to “Spanikopita, Cucumber Salad, & Pineapple Sorbet”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3