Food and general nerdiness.



Sardine Bruschetta & Gnocchi with Vodka Cream Sauce


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I don't know why, but I was craving The Gnocchi tonight. I ran across a simple recipe for the vodka cream sauce and it turned out wonderfully. I had extra basil and knew I wouldn't cook it before it went to waste so I heated it in some light olive oil and pureed the basil oil with some heavy cream and a little salt for the base of the dish.

I love this brushcetta recipe. I've been making it for years. The sardines taste very similar to tuna so they're nothing to be afraid of. The lemon juice on top is essential.

Of course, gnocchi can be very rich so I served this in smallish guilt free servings. My thinking is that, "Guilty things in moderation" is just as good as, "Guilt Free!"


0 Responses to “Sardine Bruschetta & Gnocchi with Vodka Cream Sauce”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3