Food and general nerdiness.



Polenta with Mushrooms and Goat Cheese


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




This was delicious but I almost had a big problem. Alex wants to read the ingredients of everything I make. I told him we were having polenta and he wanted to see the package. Well, the package didn't say, "polenta." It said, "mush."

"Mush? You're not serious. We're not eating 'mush.'" [I found it interesting that he felt free to speak on Nick's behalf regarding food choices when it came to mush.]

A few weeks ago, my mom gave them a little speech about how lucky they should feel because their dad can cook. They respect my mom enough not to chortle like typical teenagers. But when I joked about it later, I was worried they might sprain something by the extreme eye-rolling I was witnessing. Now, I reminded them what my mom had said and that they should be lucky that I could make something palatable out of something called mush. "Trust me."

They did. Alex loved it. Nick wasn't crazy about the corn in the tomato sauce but when I told him that mush can be served with maple syrup he was interested. So, I'm making mush for breakfast this weekend. I'll have them eating grits soon.

This was really simple. I made a simple marinara sauce. I sauteed some mushrooms in a little butter and the slices of mush in some olive oil. I layered three slices of the corn with mushrooms and topped it with the goat cheese. Damn easy.


0 Responses to “Polenta with Mushrooms and Goat Cheese”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3