Food and general nerdiness.



Mother's Day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



For Mother's Day I got my mom an orchid. It was very nice. I also cooked her dinner. That was nice too. My uncle Chuck was in town. My grandma was there as well as Judy, Bob, Ashley, Alex and Nick. I sailed in the morning and didn't get home until around noon. I made the soup last night but everthing else came together pretty easily for the 5:00 dinner. The pork loin was huge - 7# and about 18" long. I trimmed six pork chops from it for later use just so it would fit in the smoker. It was probably still 5#. I'm still learning how to use the stovetop smoker Judy gave me for Christmas but the pork turned out really well - moist, smoky, and delicious. I liked the soup best but most people were raving about the asparagus. It was a good meal. My mom seemed to enjoy it.

I asked Judy to bring the desserts. My sister can cook too.


1 Responses to “Mother's Day”

  1. Blogger Anshu Anand 

    delicious !

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Jim
  • From Akron, Ohio, United States
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3